All students of the Technological Education Institute (TEI) of Thessaly (former TEI of Larissa) receive the Diploma Supplement, issued in both Greek and English, automatically and free of charge upon graduation.
What is the Diploma Supplement?
The Diploma Supplement is a document attached to the degree certificate called Ptychio in the Greek Higher Education System.
It provides a standardised description of the nature, level, context, content and status of the studies pursued and successfully completed by the graduate. The Diploma Supplement contributes to the transparency of student academic achievement and facilitates academic and professional recognition of qualifications throughout the whole of Europe and other parts of the world. It is free from any value-judgements, equivalence statements or suggestions about recognition.
It is a flexible non-prescriptive tool which is designed to save time, money and workload.
The DS is produced by national institutions according to a template that has been developed by a Joint European Commission - Council of Europe - UNESCO working party that tested and refined it.
A description of the national higher education system within which the graduate graduated has to be attached to the DS.
This description is provided by the National Academic Recognition Information Centers (NARICs) and is available on the
The Diploma Supplement offers to students:
- A diploma that is more readable and easily comparable abroad;
- A precise description of their academic career and the competencies acquired during the study period;
- An objective description of their achievements and competencies;
- Easier access to opportunities of work or further studies abroad; and
- It fosters their employability.
For higher education institutions, the benefits are:
- It facilitates academic and professional recognition, thus increasing the transparency of qualifications;
- It protects national/institutional autonomy while offering a common frame which is accepted all over Europe;
- It promotes informed judgements about qualifications that can be understood in another educational context;
- It raises the visibility of the institution abroad;
- It promotes the employability of their graduates at national and international level;
- It helps to save time since it provides the answers to a lot of recurrent questions put to administrative services in institutions about the content and portability of diplomas.
For more information:
|BSc in Project Management:
|MSc in Project and Programme Management: